The UK trade body for the tourer, motorhome,
caravan holiday home and park home industries

Text Size A A A
Bookmark this site

Saturday, 22 Sep 2018

Keeping you informed

Driving Licences for Tourers
Published on 11/11/2011

A new B+E licence is required under new regulations to drive touring caravan outfits over 3500kg. This applies to licences issued on or after 1st January 1997, in the cases detailed in the following chart. Drivers who passed their test before this date retain their existing entitlement.

The test for a B+E licence is far more vigorous than most people expect. In many ways it can be likened to the vocational test for an HGV licence. The test takes around 1.5 hours and includes reversing through an ā€˜Sā€™ shaped course and into a bay. The majority of people will require training for the test of about 10 hours or so.

For more information concerning the regulation for B+E licences see the following webpage:

More News
Subscribe to our Newsletter Benevolent Fund Connect with us